How to replicate data for multiple fields?
Replicating data for multiple fields refers to the process of syncing the data of one field to multiple form fields. For instance, consider two textboxes are linked, and if a value is entered on a text box, it will be filled into another text box automatically. The data sync tag support is available for the below form fields:
- Editable Date
Follow the steps below to replicate data for multiple fields:
- Click the
Create newbutton from the dashboard and select the
Create New Documentoption.
- Fill in all the required fields on the prepare document page and then click
Nextto move to the Configure fields page.
- Drag and drop two or more form fields into the document.
- If you place the text box form field in the document, you can sync it with another textbox only. Different form fields cannot be synced. For example, a text box and an image form field cannot be synced.
- When you click a textbox, textbox settings will open on the right side of the page, where you can find the
Data Sync Tagfield.
- Enter a value in the
Data Sync Tagfield. Special characters are not allowed in the Data Sync Tag field.
- Then, enter the same value in the Data Sync Tag field of another textbox.
- Now, the textboxes with the same Data Sync Tag values will be synced.
- You can set the character limit in the
Fixed widthcolumn and textbox validation in the
Validationcolumn. It will be applied to all textboxes with the same Sync Tag value.
- You can also set the font style in the
Fontfield. But it will not be reflected in the synced textboxes. You must set the font style for each textbox separately.
- After filling in all the fields, click the
Sendbutton. The signature request will be successfully sent to the signer.
- When the signer enters a value in one field, the value will be filled automatically in all the fields that are synced.
- In the same way, you can sync the Label, Checkbox, Dropdown, Image, and Editable date form fields.